Welcome to the first pancreatitis podcast! In this episode, we take a close look at an article that claims grapefruit juice and grapefruit seed extract benefit pancreatitis.
The basis of the article is a scientific study on grapefruit seed extract and the personal experience of a pancreatitis patient.
Our goal for this podcast is to deliver knowledge that is actionable and that can be used to better manage pancreatitis. We want you to be able to better avoid chronic and acute pancreatitis pain and live the most normal and pain-free life as possible.
- [00:26] What you are going to get out of the pancreatitis podcast show.
- [01:51] The importance of being critical of pancreatitis advice and claims from an academic standpoint.
- [03:50] The importance of considering both the commonly accepted approaches to pancreatitis as the nuances of your body and situation specifically.
- [05:53] Why we decided to help others with pancreatitis.
- [12:14] Introduction to the article and study on how grapefruit seed extract affects pancreatitis.
- [14:00] Does this study really prove that drinking a gallon of grapefruit juice a day will help with pancreatitis.
- [22:30] Should there be any concerns about drinking a gallon of grapefruit juice?
- [24:47] Grapefruit seed extract vs grapefruits or grapefruit juice.
- [25:36] Issues with the size of the study.
- [28:11] Is there an optimal dose of grapefruit seed extract for preventing pancreatitis pain?
- Article on grapefruit seed extract and grapefruit juice http://beatingpancreatitis.com/pancreatitis-supplements-for-pancreas-healing
- Study on grapefruit speed extract http://jpp.krakow.pl/journal/archive/12_04/pdf/811_12_04_article.pdf
- 11 year Swedish study http://gut.bmj.com/content/early/2012/06/08/gutjnl-2012-302521